- Item Actions
A new map of Georgia : with its Roads & Distances
Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 35 x 28 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. l:l,700,00]
- Philadelphia : Published by Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., [c1850]
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1850, by Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., in the Clerk's office of the District court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- "Steam Boat Routes." From Savannah to Augusta and Savannah to Charlestn.
- Explanation with canals, rail roads, state capital, county towns, common do., leading roads.
- Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co. published Mitchell's "A New Universal Atlas..," between 1849 and 1860.
- This variant has number "17" printed above the border at upper right corner.
- Phillips, Atlases, v. 5, p. 352, entry 6118 describes a copy with number "20" in upper right corner.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details