- Item Actions
Port Royal in South Carolina: Taken From Surveys Deposited at the Plantation Office
Des Barres, Joseph F. W
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 83 x 60 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360]
- [London] : Published as the act directs by J.F.W. Des Barres, Esq., Augst. the 10th 1777.
- Relief shown by shading and hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- Prime meridian: Greenwich.
- "VII" printed in lower right lower.
- Note: In this Chart the Soundings are laid down in feet at low Water in Calm Weather on the Shoals, Tides rise highest with N Easterly Winds. The figures in the Channels denote the Depths in fathoms.
- From Des Barres, Atlantic Neptune.
- No. "9" pasted right upper recto.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- National Maritime Museum Collections Online, Charts and Maps, entry HNS166, variant "b" (with tide symbol lower right).
- Phillips. Maps of America, p. 721
- Technical Details