- Item Actions
A Chart of the Bay and Harbour of Pensacola in the Province of West Florida
Surveyed by George Gauld, A.M. Published by command of Government by J.F.W. Des Barres Esqr
- Map; Online
- 1 map : b&w ; 52 x 74 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale ca. 1:65,000.
- [London] Publish'd according to Act of Parliament byJ.F.W. Des Barres Esqr. Augt. 1st 1780.
- Relief shown by hachures and shading. Depths shown by soundings.
- Note: The shore in general is low and sandy; the water seems to have gained upon it in several Places, especially on the West Side which is exposed to the North Easterly winds,...This Harbor and all the Coast abount with worms.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- National Maritime Museum Collections Online, entry HNS 173A.
- Technical Details