- Item Actions
Map of the territory of Florida : from its northern boundary to lat. 27⁰30'N, connected with the delta of the Mississippi
drawn and compiled by W.H. Swift ; W.J. Stone, sc.
- Online; Map
- 1 map on 3 sheets : b&w ;; 59 x 164 cm., on sheet 78 x 173 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:696,960]
- (W 15⁰--W 4⁰/N 31⁰--N 28⁰).
- [Washington, D.C. : Board of Internal Improvement?, 1829]
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings and isolines.
- "Annexed to the report of the Board of Internal Improvement dated Feby. 19th, 1829 relating to the canal contemplated to connect the Atlantic with the Gulf of Mexico..."
- "This map has been compiled under the direction of the Board of Internal Improvement from the following charts, surveys & documents..."
- Signed by S. Bernard and William Tell Poussin.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Includes 2 profiles.
- Insets (Clockwise from upper left corner): Locater map (ca. 1:17,424,000) , and entrance maps (scale [ca. 1:63,360) to: St. Mary's Harbour; St. John's River; St. Augustine; St. George's Sound (3); Ocklockony Bay; Appalachicola Bay; St. Joseph's Bay; St. Andrew's Sound; St. Rosa Sound; Pensacola Bay; Mobile Bay.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection. Scanned, File Name X006151255.
- Technical details