- Item Actions
Plat of the seven ranges of townships being part of the territory of the United States, N.W. of the River Ohio which by a late act of Congress are directed to be sold
W. Barker, sculp.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : b&w ; 61 x 34 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [1:255,000].
- Philad[elphi]a : Published by Matthew Carey No. 118 Market Street, 1785.
- Surveyed in conformity to an Ordinance of Congress of May 20th, 1785 under direction of Thos. Hutchins, late Geographer to the United States.
- Covers Columbiana, Carroll, Jefferson, Harrison, Guernsey, Belmont, Noble, Monroe, and Washington Counties.
- No. "46" printed on left upper outer edge of map.
- From the1796 issue of Carey's General Atlas ...
- Note: That part which is divided into sections or tracs of a mile square will be sold in small tracts at public auction in Pitsburg the residue will be sold in quarters of Townships at the seat of Government.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Copy 1-2: Imperfect: both copies have chipped edges. Copy 2 has handwritten "47" left lower outer margin of map. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details