- Item Actions
Battle of Guildford, fought on the 15th of March 1781 ; Plan of the batttle fought near Camden, August 16th, 1780
[by William Faden].
- Online; Map
- 2 maps on 1 sheet : hand col. ; each image 22 x 19 cm., on sheet 38 x 58 cm.
- Variant title
- Plan of the battle fought near Camden, August 16th 1780
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca.1:18,600].
- Scale [ca.1:41,000].
- London : [for T. Cadell] Publish'd March 1st.1787.
- Both show British and American troop positions, marching routes, American line of retreat, roads and creeks, Wateree River.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Guildford map includes 1 reference, A. Camden map includes References 1-9.
- Appears in: History of the campaigns of 1780 and 1781 in the southern provinces of North America / Lieutenant-Colonel Tarleton. London: T. Cadell, 1787. p. 276, 108.
- Also appeared in: Atlas of battles of the American Revolution : together with maps showing the routes of the British and American armies, plans of cities, surveys of harbors, &c., taken during that eventful period, by the officers of the Royal Army. London: W. Faden, 1793.
- A variant also appeared in Stedman's History of the origin, progress, and termination of the American War, London, 1794.
- Cited in
- Nebenzahl, K. Printed battle plans, no. 92, no. 90.
- L.C. Maps and charts of North America and the West Indies 1750-1789, 1564
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details