- Item Actions
Map of the Battle Ground of Greenbrier River
drawn and published by A.. McRae, C.S.A., Quitman Guards, First Reg't Ga. Vol's. Engraved by J. Baumgarten, No. 161 Main Street, Richmond, Virginia.
- Online; Map
- 1 map, : uncol. ; 28 x 43 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:11,200].
- [Richmond, Va., drawn and published by A.T. McRae, C.S.A., ca. 1861] (Richmond, Va. : Gary, Printer, Pearl Street)
- Explanation: 1. Capt. Anderson, 2. Capt. Desler, 3. Lieut. Wooding, 4. One Rifled Piece, 5. Capt. Shumaker.
- Sketch map showing Confederate camps and batteries, position of "Yankee artillery," "Gen. Jacksons quars.," "posn. of Genrl. and staff" during engagement, drawings of principal buildings, roads, and drainage.
- Description derived from published bibliography.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 697
- Swem, Maps Relating to Virginia, 918.
- Parrish & Willingham, 6183.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: Thin paper, centerfold separation, diffuse spotting and offsetting. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details