- Item Actions
A New and General Map of the Southern Dominions Belonging to the United States of America, Viz North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia: With the Bordering Indian Countries, and the Spanish Possessions of Louisiana and Florida
Laurie & Whittle; Kitchin, Thomas
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 48 x 62 cm. on sheet 52 x 73 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:3,000,000
- London : Published by Laurie & Whittle, No. 53, Fleet Street. As the Act directs, 12th. May1794.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- From Kitchin's: A New Universal Atlas... (see Phillips).
- British statutes miles 69 1/2 to a degree.
- Nautic Leagues 20 to a degree.
- Inset maps (different scales): Plan of Charlestown; Plan of St. Augustine with references on each showing points of interest.
- No. 48 stamped on verso.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Atlases, no. 682, vol. 1, p. 407.
- Shirley, R., Maps in the atlases of the British Library T.LAU-1c (1799 ed.); NMM 375 (3rd ed. 1801)
- Technical Details