- Item Actions
Map of the Seat of War, in South Carolina, and Georgia
Evans & Cogswell
- Map; Online
- 1 map : b&w ; 51 x 66 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:310,000]
- Charleston, S.C., Published by Evans & Cogswell, 3 Broad St., [ca. 1861]
- Inset: Portion of Georgia [around Savannah]. Uncolored. Scale not given. 11 x 17 cm.
- Shows coastal area from Georgetown, South Carolina, to Savannah, Georgia, and territory inland as far north as Kingstree, South Carolina, to Orangeburgh, South Carolina. Gives the location of forts and shows coastal shoals, drainage, roads, railroads, ferries, bridges, dwellings with names of inhabitants, churches, and post offices.
- Description derived from published bibliography.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: Fold fragility, separation. Diffuse spotting with marked discoloration verso southeastern portion of map. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 359.
- Crandall, L.M. Confederate imprints, v. 2, no. 3049.
- Technical Details