- Item Actions
A new map of Carolina
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 53 x 44 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,550,000]
- London : By John Thornton at the Platt in the Minories, Robert Morden at ye Atlas in Corn-hill, and by Phillip Lea at the Atlas & Herculus in the Poultry. London., [ca. 1685]
- Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- Inset: A perticuler map for the going into Ashley and Cooper Rivers (different scale).
- Includes "A table of the names  of such Settlements as are upon the Ashly and Cooper Rivers & other adjacent Places."
- Cited in
- Phillips, Maps, p. 818.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. G3900 1685 .T56: Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Area Table 75 1685 Thornton: Imperfect: Chipped, torn margins; verso marginal taped repairs. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details