- Item Actions
A N.B.E. View of the Fort on the Western End of Sulivans Island: With the Disposition of His Majesty's Fleet Commanded by Commodore Sir Peter Parker Knt. &C. &C. &.C During the Attack on the 28th of June 1776, Which Lasted 9 Hours and 40 Minutes
James, Thomas; Faden, William
- Map; Online
- 1 coastal view : uncolored 14 x 41 cm.
- Variant Title
- North by east view of the fort on the western end of Sulivans Island
- View of the fort on the western end of Sulivans Island
- Cartographic Info
- Not drawn to scale.
- London : Engav'd & Publish'd according to Act of Parliament ... by Wm. Faden, 1776 Augt. 10th.
- Dedication: To Commodore SIr Peter Parker, Knt. &c. &c. &c. This view is most humbly dedicated and presented by Lt. Colonel Thos. James Rl. Rt. of Artillery, Five Fathom Hole South Carolina, June 30th, 1776.
- Includes detailed index to coastal landmarks.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. This copy is a variant, without "Five Fathom Hole South Carolina" in the dedication statment.Imperfect: moderate foxing and staining, trimmed close at margins. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical Details