- Item Actions
A Plan of the Attack of Fort Sulivan: Near Charles Town in South Carolina. By a Squadron of His Majesty's Ships, on the 28th of June 1776, With the Disposition of the King's Land Forces, and the Encampments and Entrenchments of the Rebels From the Drawings Made on the Spot
engraved by Wm. Faden
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 29 x 37 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca.1:26,200].
- London : Engrave'd & Publish'd according to Act of Parliament Augt. 10th. 1776, by Wm. Faden Corner of St. Martins Lane Charing Cross. 1776
- Shows British squadron including names of vessels, esp. "bridge of boats" at Hetheral pt.", rebel camps, and vegetation.
- Depth indicated by text; no soundings.
- Cf. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1545-1547 for similar printings.
- Inset: Plan of the platform in Sulivans Fort by Lt. Colonel Thos. James of the Rl. Rt. of Artillery.
- Text within inset: The Pieces of Cannon on the Platform are 32 and 26 pounders.
- Includes sketch of positions "where the Actoeon and the Sphinx were to be Station'd."
- Scale of One Mile.
- Cited in
- Philllips, Atlases, v. 1, p. 657, no. 31
- Technical Details