- Item Actions
A New Map of South Carolina: With Its Canals, Roads & Distances From Place to Place Along the Stage & Steam Boat Routes
Mitchell, S. Augustus; Burroughs, H N
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 29 x 36 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,450,000]
- Philadelphia (N.E. corner of Market & 7th Streets, Philada.) : Published by S. Augustus Mitchell, 1846.
- "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1846, by H.N. Burroughs, in the Clerks Office of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Inset map: Charleston
- Inset tables: References to Charleston; Charleston to Savannah; Steam Boat Routes Savannah to Augusta.
- No. "19" printed at lower right corner of map.
- Explanation: Canals, Rail roads, State Capital, County Towns Common Do., Leading Roads
- Note: The Land distances from Town to Town are noted along the Roads thus...
- Published in: A New Universal Atlas Containing Maps of the various Empires.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Extensive figuring on verso, with signature of R.W. (or R.M.) Jones. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Ristow, W., American Maps, p. 311
- Technical Details