- Item Actions
A map of the most inhabited part of New England : containing the provinces of Massachusets Bay and New Hampshire, with the colonies of Connecticut and Rhode Island, divided into counties and townships: The whole composed from actual surveys and its situation adjusted by astronomical observations
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 105 x 99 cm. on 2 sheets 55 x 103 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:440,000]
- [London] November 29th. 1774. Published according to Act by Thos Jefferys Geographer to His Royal Higness the Prince of Wales near Charing Cross, 1774.
- Prime meridian: London and Ferro.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Another issue of the Jeffreys map that first appeared in 1755.
- 2 Insets: "A Plan of the Town of Boston" (northern sheet) and "A Plan of the Town of Boston Harbor from an accurate Survey," (southern sheet)
- Sheets numbered "10" and "11" on verso.
- Cited in
- McCorkle, B.B., New England, 755.19 and 774.4
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: several marginal fold splits. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details