- Item Actions
A map of ye English empire in ye continent of America : viz Virginia, New York, Maryland, New Iarsey, Carolina, New England, Pennsilvania
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 50 x 60 cm.
- Variant title
- Map of the English empire in the continent of America
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:3,500,000]
- London : Sold by R. Morden at ye Atlas in Cornhill near ye Royal Exchange, [ca. 1685]
- Later state of Daniel's 1679 map, with his name deleted, Pennsilvania added to the title, and imprint changed.
- W: Binneman Sculpsit.
- Untitled inset: the Carolina coast from Cape Charles down to Saint Augustine.
- W. Binneman Sculpsit.
- Carolinas shown in untitled inset.
- Cited in
- Stevens and Tree. Comparative cartography, no. 19b.
- Cumming and DeVorsey, Southeast in Early Maps, 3rd. revised ed., 1998 no. 103, p. 180.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: chipped margins, small image loss left upper margin, dampstain right lower corner. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical details