- Item Actions
A new Map of New England, New York, New Iarsey, Pensilvania, Maryland, and Virginia
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 45 x 55 cm. on sheet 54 x 62 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca.1:1,550,000]
- London : Sold by Iohn Thornton at ye Platt in ye Minories, by Robt. Morden at the Atlas in Corn-hill, and by Philip Lea at ye Atlas & Hercules in the Poultry, 
- First state of the map, with the names of Thornton, Morden and Lea in the imprint. Both Thornton and Morden sold their interest in the map to Lea, and the 2nd state has only Lea's name in the imprint. Cf. Burden.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- "A Scale of English Miles"
- Untitled inset shows mouth of Hudson River and New York Harbor (separate scale). This is the first printed chart of New York Harbor
- Cited in
- Burden, P. Mapping of North America, Vol. 2, no. 616.
- Stevens and Tree. Comparative cartography, no. 35a.
- McCorkle, B.B., New England 680.4
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Area Table 749-99 1685 Lea: Handwritten no. "4" upper right verso. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3715 1685 .T56: Handwritten on verso: "pag. 156 [crossed out] 151." Gift of Seymour I. Schwartz, December 6, 2013.
- Technical details