- Item Actions
A New and General Map of the Middle Dominions Belonging to the United States of America: Viz. Virginia, Maryland, the Delaware Counties, Pennsylvania, New Jersey &C. With the Addition of New York, & of the Greatest Part of New England &C. As Also of the Bordering Parts of the British Possessions in Canada
Evans, Lewis; Kitchin, Thomas; Laurie & Whittle
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 49 x 67 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca.1:2,300,000].
- London : Published by Laurie & Whittle, no. 53 Fleet Street. as the Act directs,12th May 1794.
- Inset: Sketch of the Upper Parts to shew the remainder of the Lakes.
- No. "72" printed right upper verso.
- Evans's map was first issued in 1755, and later pirated by Thomas Kitchin and by John and Carington Bowles, with 14 editions/states of the map published in the 18th century between 1755 and this 1794 reissue of the Kitchin piracy. -- Cf. McCorkle.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- McCorkle, B.B. New England, no. 755.15.
- Stevens and Tree. Comparative cartography, no. 30o.
- Technical Details