- Item Actions
A Plan of the Entrance of Chesapeak Bay, With James and York Rivers: Wherein Are Shown the Respective Positions (in the Beginning of October) 1. Of the British Army Commanded by Lord Cornwallis, at Gloucester and York in Virginia; 2. Of the American and French Forces Under General Washington, 3. And of the French Fleet Under Count de Grasse
by an officer
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 41 x 52 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:250,000.
- [London] : Publish'd by Wm. Faden Charing Cross, Novr. 26th, 1781.
- Shows James River peninsula and general positions of armies and the French fleet.
- Probaby from Faden's Atlas of Battles of the American Revolution.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Area Table 755.421 1781 Officer:Imperfect: Complete centerfold separation with tear upper center. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3884.Y6S3 1781 .O5: Gift of Seymour I. Schwartz , December, 2006.
- Cited in
- Nebenzahl, K. Printed battle plans, no. 186
- Swem, Maps Relating to Virginia, 282.
- Technical Details