- Item Actions
Virginiae Item et Floridae Americae Provinciarum, Nova Descriptio
Hondius, Jodocus; Hondius, Hendrik; Mercator, Gerhard
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 35 x 49 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:3,500,000] (W 82⁰--W 75⁰/N 38⁰--N 30⁰).
- [Amsterdam : H. Hondius?, 1633?]
- Text of the map in Latin; text on verso in French
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Map by J. Hondius, from a French edition of Mercator's Atlas, published between 1628 and 1635; with text on verso for "Virginie et la Floride," p. 697 and 700. Signature: Oooooooo, catchword: ayant.
- Includes notes, col. ill., and cartouche with a view of a Florida Indian village on the left, and a Virginia Indian village on the right. Cartographic details appear in a strapwork box at lower right.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Burden, P.D. Mapping of North America, 151
- Technical Details