- Item Actions
A Map of the Most Inhabited Part of Virginia: Containing the Whole Province of Maryland With Part of Pensilvania, New Jersey and North Carolina
drawn by Joshua Fry & Peter Jefferson in 1775
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 77 x 124 cm. on 2 sheets 55 x 130 cm. and 55 x 134 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:650,000].
- London : Printed for Robt. Sayer at No. 53 in Fleet Street, & Thos. Jefferys at the corner of St. Martins Lane, Charing Cross, London, 
- Prime meridian: Philadelphia and Curratuck Inlet.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- "To the Right Honourable, George Dunk Earl of Halifax ..."
- Distance table from Williamsburg, Fredericksburg and Alexendria.
- Verner's State 6 with title imprint date changed from 1751 to 1755.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Area Table 755 1775 Fry. Map in 5 pieces, with overall size as recorded above. No. 18-19 handwritten on verso. Probably from Jefferys American Atlas. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3880 .F7 1775. Framed in two sections. Gift of the Estate of Helen H. Cohen.
- Cited in
- Stephenson and McKee, Virginia in Maps, Map II-21 (A-D), pp. 84-87
- Verner, Imago Mundi 21: 70-94, 1967.
- Technical Details