- Item Actions
A New Map of Kentucky: With Its Roads & Distances From Place to Place Along the Stage & Steam Boat Routes
Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co; Mitchell, S Augustus
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 26 x 34 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000]
- Philadelphia : Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., [ca. 1855]
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Includes distance tables of "Louisville to Pittsburg" and "Louisville to New Orleans."
- Insets: Falls of Ohio -- [Bluegrass region] -- [Maysville to Clarksburg region].
- Date of situation ca. 1845. Includes Fulton County.
- "Entered according to act of Congress, in the year 1850, by Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., in the Clerk's office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- In lower right margin: 28.
- Appeared as Plate 28 in: A new universal atlas... by S. Augustus Mitchell. Philadelphia : Cowperthwait, DeSilver & Butler, 1855.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection. McGregor Fund, 1989.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Atlases, no. 6118, v. 5, p. 6121.
- Technical Details