- Item Actions
A New Map of Georgia: With Its Roads & Distances
Mitchell, S. Augustus; Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 34 x 27 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,700,000]
- Philadelphia : Published by Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co. No. 253 Market Street, 1851.
- Plate no. "20." printed in upper right margin.
- Appeared as plate 20 in S.A. Mitchell's "A new universal atlas...," Philadelphia: Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., 1851.
- "Entered accrding to act of Congress, in the year 1850, by Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., in the clerk's office of the District court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- Includes tables of steamboat routes from Savannah to Augusta and from Ssvannah to Charleston.
- Explanation: Canals, Rail Roads, State Capital, County towns, Common towns, Leading roads.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Atlases, no. 805, v. 1, p. 479.
- Technical Details