- Item Actions
County map of Kentucky and Tennessee
Mitchell, S. Augustus
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 31 x 38 cm
- Variant title
- Kentucky and Tennessee
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,350,000].
- [Philadelphia : S.A. Mitchell, 1860?]
- Plate no. "28" printed at lower right corner.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1860 by S. Augustus Mitchell Jr. in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the U.S. for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- Issued with the same copyright statement in two different type fonts: 1) Copyright statement 13.7 cm. long -- 2) Copyright statement 14.8 cm. long.
- Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- Appeared with Plate no. 28 in: Mitchell's New general atlas... / S.A. Mitchell, Jr. (Philadelphia : S.A. Mitchell, Jr., 1865).
- Shows county boundaries, landforms, drainage and cities. Immediately adjacent portions of neighboring states also shown.
- Cited in
- Phillips, Atlases, no. 846, v. 1, p. 498.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G3951 .F7 1860 .M57: Copyright statement 13.7 cm. long. Source unknown.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Area Table 769 1860 Mitchell: Copyright statement 14.8 cm. long. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection. McGregor Fund, 1989.
- Technical details