- Item Actions
A Map of the Most Inhabited Part of Virginia Containing the Whole Province of Maryland: With Part of Pensilvania, New Jersey and North Carolina
drawn by Joshua Fry & Peter Jefferson in 1751
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 4 sheets ; 79 x 122 cm., sheets 56 x 79 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:650,000]
- London : Engrav'd and publish'd according to Act of Parliament by Thos. Jefferys, Geographer to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales at the corner of St. Martins Lane, Charing Cross, [1755?]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Verner's State 4 of the map, with the Dalrymple distance table followed by a two-line reference to longitude, and with the longitude figures added for London corrected to 75 degrees, 19 minutes-82 degrees 19 minutes west from London.
- Prime meridians: London, Philadelphia and Curratuck Inlet.
- "To the Right Honourable George Dunk, Earl of Halifax ... "
- Includes distance chart added by "J. Dalrymple, London Jany. ye 1st. 1755."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: The four sheets have been pasted together to form 2 sheets.
- Cited in
- Verner, C. "The Fry and Jefferson map" (Imago mundi, v. 21, 1967), State 4, p. 86.
- Technical Details