- Item Actions
Order of battle on Western Front, 11 a.m. Nov. 11, 1918
prepared by Map-Room, G-3, Adv. P.C., G.H.Q.
- Online; Map; Manuscript
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 98 x 80 cm.
- Variant title
- Carte de France à 1/600,000
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1:600,000.
- Base map: Carte de France à 1/600,000.
- Black ink on printed map.
- Shows France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and portions of Holland, Germany, and Switzerland.
- Covers both the Allied and German forces; the position of the headquarters of their Commanders-in-Chief; the commanders and headquarters of the Army Groups and Armies, the location of the different Divisions involved, both in line, in support and in reserve, as well as the service of supply; and generally, the tabulated strength and condition of both forces.
- Note attached to map: "This map is one of forty made by American General Headquarters, was presented by Colonel Robert C. Richardson, Operations Section (G-3), General Staff, to an alumnus of the University of Virginia, and by him presented to his Alma Mater." This is copy number "40." "Lieutenant Harrison / [with signature] R.C. Richardson" handwritten on verso.
- Technical details