- Item Actions
Reconnaissance Map of a Portion of the Rocky Mountains Between Latitudes 49⁰ & 51⁰30' Geologically Colored
By George M. Dawson, D.S., F.G.S., &c.
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 86 X 69 cm. on sheet 94 x 76 cm. folded to 24 x 15 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale 1:38,0160.
- [Ottawa] : Geological and Natural History Survey of Canada, 1886 (Montreal : Photo. lith. by the Burland Lith. Co.)
- "Compiled and drawn by L.N. Richard, B. Ap. S., A.E. Barlow, B.A. and James White, C.E."
- "Photo. lith. by the Burland Lith Co. Montreal."
- Relief shown by contour lines and spot heights.
- Extends from Tyrell's Mountain in the north down to South Kootanie Pass.
- Color coded to geologic periods, with corresponding notes printed in red, and additional notes on "sources of information" and "elevation."
- Prime meridian: Greenwich.
- Six horizontal sections at lower left.
- Appeared in: Dawson's Preliminary report on the physical and geological features of that portion of the Rocky Mountains ..., 1886.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Attached to an unprinted back wrapper; front cover (of map or Preliminary report) not present.
- Technical Details