- Item Actions
Poland: Corrected From the Observations Communicated to the Royal Society at London and the Royal Academy at Paris
is humbly Dedicated to Sr. James Hailett Kt. Citizen of London by His Obliged Humble Servant Ion. Senex
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 65 x 94 cm. on sheet 67 x 96 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [1:1,850,000].
- [London : John Senex, ca. 1728]
- Decorative title cartouche engraved by V. Quy according to Shirley.
- Shows boundaries, rivers, roads, forests and settlements.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Prime meridian: London.
- Earlier versions were attributed to Senex, Charles Price and John Maxwell (1710) and to Senex and Maxwell (1714). This printing, with both Price and Maxwell's names erased, issued ca. 1728. Cf. Shirley, R., Maps in the atlases of the British Library, T.SEN-1a-1d.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Number "24" is handwritten in brown ink on verso. Imperfect: some diffuse dampstaining most evident upper and lower margins, extra vertical crease right lateral fold, margins a bit close and brittle.
- Technical Details