- Item Actions
46. A Prayer Addressed to the Mountain Spirits, Chiricahua Apache Text
- Fatty, David
- Chiricahua and Mescalero Apache Texts
- The Apache language texts have been converted from Hoijer's original orthography to a contemporary practical orthography currently in use for Navajo and several other Apachean languages. See de Reuse, Willem (Ethnological Note An Introduction to Western Apache Linguistics (3 vols). unpublished manuscript Tucson: University of Arizona. Adapted from the orthography employed in Robert Young and William Morgan's (Ethnological Note Navajo Language: a Grammar and Colloquial Dictionary. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press.
- Authorship attributions. The Chiricahua singer/ceremonial specialist is designated author/performer of particular song texts. Hoijer is designated author of the collection as a whole, and is sole author of the linguistic analysis portions.
- This prayer is the English translation of one of the Ethnological Note bilingual Apache language texts when appear in this collection.