Item Details

Print View

Madison Hall

Format
Online; Still Image
Type
Black-and-White Photographs
Date Created
circa 1920 - 1929
Description
Opened in 1905 to house the first campus-based chapter of the Young men's Christian Associaton, Madison hall was named in honor of President James Madison, who succeeded Thomas Jefferson and became the second rector of the University. In 1933, the building became the Student Union for a number of years.
Collection
University of Virginia Visual History Collection
Location
Special Collections, University of Virginia Library, Charlottesville, Va.
Retrieval ID
prints16110
RG-30/1/3.915
image of the page of the digitized material