Item Details

Print View

Virginia Quarterly Review

Thompson, Ralph R
Format
Online; Visual Materials
Type
Black-and-White Photographs
Summary
From excerpt: First change in editors of the Virginia Quarterly Review was made in 1930. In this group, taken in front of Hotel A on West Range where the journals offices have been since 1929, are, left to right, Stringfellow Barr, then professor of history and the second editor, University President Edwin A. Alderman, Dr. James Southall Wilson, the first editor, who has continued ever since as a member of the advisory board, and Lambert Davis, the first managing editor, now director of the University of North Carolina Press.
Date Created
1930
Description
Original Negative Present
Collection
University of Virginia Visual History Collection
Location
Special Collections, University of Virginia Library, Charlottesville, Va.
Retrieval ID
prints08568
Call Number
RG-30/1/10.011
image of the page of the digitized material