- Item Actions
New Sectional Map of the Eastern & Southern Portion of the State of Florida
issued by the Land Department of the Florida Southern Railway Co., showing the lands owned & offered for sale by said department ; the Orange Belt route, its branches & connections ; 4.000.000 acres of land for sale ... ; W.P. Couper, Land Commissioner, Florida Southern Railway Company, Palatka, Florida, 1887
- Map; Online
- 1 map : col. ; 80 x 51 cm., on sheet 82 x 53 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:633,600] (W 84⁰00ʹ--W 80⁰10ʹ/N 30⁰50ʹ--N 25⁰30ʹ)
- [Palatka, Fla. : Florida Southern Railway Co., 1887] (Buffalo, N.Y. : Matthews, Northrup & Co. Art-Printing Works)
- Coverage includes all of Florida except the panhandle.
- Includes explanations of the sectioning and the coloring systems, and has text "for full descriptive notes see back of this map." The back of the map, however, is blank.
- Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington, D.C.
- Inset: untitled map of the rail and steamboat routes of the Florida Southern Railway Co.
- Advertisement inset, with illustration, of the Hotel Punta Gorda.
- Includes names of some landholders.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Very fragile, with many large tears.
- Technical Details