- Item Actions
Hydrographica, planeque Nova Indiae Occidentalis, Guinea, Regni Congo, Angole &c. delineatio
- Online; Map
- 1 map in 4 sheets ; 84 x 100 cm.
- Variant title
- Pascaert van West-Indien ende Angola
- Mathematical info
- Scale not present.
- [Amsterdam : Cornelis de Claesz, ca. 1603]
- Library has Sheet 1 only (43 x 49 cm.), without title or bordring text.
- Sheet 1 shows the West Indies, Central America and the Atlantic Coast from Guiana north. In the upper right corner is a view of the salt flats at Punta de Araya on the coast of Venezuela.
- Listed in Vol. 7 of G. Schilder's Monumenta cartographica Neerlandica (p. 302, item 12.6) as "Map of America and the west coast of Africa in four sheets." First state was published by Cornelis Claesz before 1609, possibly as early as 1603. According to Schilder, it was described by Claesz as 'Pascaert van West-Indien ende Angola in 4 grote folien' in his 1609 "Const ende Caert-Register."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Gift of Seymour I. Schwartz, December 2011.
- Technical details