- Item Actions
Narrative of an Expedition to the Source of St. Peter's River, Lake Winnepeek, Lake of the Woods, &C. &C.: Performed in the Year 1823, by the Order of the Hon. J. C. Calhoun, Secretary of War, Under the Command of Stephen H. Long, Major U.S.T.E.
Compiled from the notes of Major Long, Messrs. Say, Keating, and Calhoun; by William H. Keating .
- Book; Online
- 2 v. : plates, fold. map. tables ; 24 cm.
- Variant Title
- Major Long's expedition to the source of St. Peter's River ...
- Half-title: Major Long's Second expedition.
- Philadelphia : H. C. Carey and I. Lea, 1824.
- First edition. Howes, U.S.-iana, K 20.
- Printer's imprint: Skerrett, Locust Street, Philadelphia.
- Folding map has title "Map of the country embracing the route of the expedition of 1823 commanded by Major S.H. Long.
- Plates designed by S. Seymour, engraved by J. Hill.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: A 1824 .K43: Rebound. 22 cm. Imperfect: map wanting. Bookplate of Easton Public Library. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: F597 .L845 1824: Plates are tinted blue-green. Original boards, with cloth backstrips and paper labels on spines. Folding map, which was detached, has been removed, flattened, and shelved in Flat Map Box. Signature of A.B. Allan. Gift of Barbara Rosser.
- Technical Details