- Item Actions
Mentoria, or The young lady's friend : In two volumes
By Mrs. Rowson, of the New-Theatre, Philadelphia ; author of The inquisitor, Fille de chambre, Victoria, Charlotte, &c. &c.
- Online; Book; EBook
- 2 v. in 1. ; 17 cm.
- Variant title
- Young lady's friend
- Related title
- Proposals for printing by subscription, an original novel ... entitled, Trials of the human heart.
- Philadelphia : Printed for Robert Campbell, by Samuel Harrison Smith, 1794.
- Letters of advice to young ladies, interspersed with moral tales, the longest being: Marian and Lydia (including the story of Dorcas) Includes also: Essay on female education; Urganda and Fatima; The incendiary.
- Advertisements on p. - at end of vol. 2: "Books printed for, and sold by Robert Campbell, Bookseller, No. 54, South Second-Street.": p. -; "Proposals for printing by subscription, an original novel, in two volumes duodecimo, dedicated, by permission, to Mrs. Bingham, entitled, Trials of the human heart. By Mrs. Rowson. ... ": p. 
- Cited in
- Vail, 197.
- BAL 16999.
- Evans 27654.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: PS2736.R3 M4 1794: Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Susanna Rowson Collection. Bookplate of Sally Tucker, 1807; with inscr. "Sally Tucker's Book, March 21st, 1798." Gift of C.W. Barrett.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Taylor 1794 .R69 M4: Taylor Collection of American Best-sellers. Gift of Mrs. R.C. Taylor. Imperfect: last page of advertisements wanting. Signature of Abr. G. Siverly. Bookplate of Frank J. Hogan.
- Technical details