- Item Actions
The Lorgnette, or, Studies of the Town
by an Opera Goer
- Book; Online
- 24 pts. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Variant Title
- Studies of the town
- New York : Henry Kernot, 1850 (Brooklyn : Edward Davis, Printer), 1850.
- Title from original wrapper of No. 1.
- First publication in 24 semimonthly parts. 1st ser., no. 1-12, Jan. 20-April 24, 1850; 2nd ser., no. 1-12, May 10-Oct. 9, 1850. Cover titles also have whole nos. 1-24.
- Imprint varies: 2nd ser., no. 1-2, Stringer & Townsend; no. 3-12, Stringer & Townsend [and] Henry Kernot.
- "Opinions of the press": 6 p. at end of v. 2.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 1: No. 1-24, bound in 2 vols. Contemporary marbled boards with leather backstrip. Original pictorial pale yellow wrappers of parts 1, 4, 11 and 18 bound in. From the library of Eugene Field, with his signature; inscribed by Eugene Field II, Sept. 9, 1922. Signature of Thomas Hitchcock. Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Donald Grant Mitchell Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 2: Scattered parts, housed in one envelope. No. 12-13 and 15 in original yellow wrappers. Wrappers wanting on other parts. Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Donald Grant Mitchell Collection.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 3: 2nd ser., no. 1 (Whole no. 13), May, 10, without wrappers. Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Donald Grant Mitchell Collection.
- Cited in
- BAL 13925.
- Technical Details