- Item Actions
The wigwam and the cabin
by the author of "The Yemassee," "Guy Rivers," &c.
- Online; Book; EBook
- 2 v. ; 19 cm.
- [1st ed.]
- New York : Wiley and Putnam, 1845.
- 1st ser. Grayling. The two camps. The last wager. The arm-chair of Tustenuggee. The snake of the cabin. Oakatibbe. Jocassee
- 2d ser. The giant's coffin. Sergeant Barnacle. Those old lunes. The lazy crow. Caloya. Lucas de Ayllon
- First ed.; Wegelin 40.
- Published later under title: Life in America.
- Pub. advts.: v. 1, 4 p. at front and 10 p. at end; v. 2, 8 p. at end.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 1: original tan wrappers. Presentation inscr. (in pencil) from the author.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 2: original blue green boards, rebacked. Bookplate of the Hasty Pudding Library.
- Technical details