- Item Actions
A Map of the British and French Dominions in North America: With the Roads, Distances, Limits, and Extent of the Settlements
humbly inscribed to the Right Honourable the Earl of Halifax, and the other Right Honourable the Lords Commissioners for Trade & Plantations, by their Lordships most obliged and very humble servant, Jno. Mitchell. ; Tho: Kitchin, sculp
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 8 sheets : hand col. ; 136 x 195 cm. (each sheet 68 x 48 cm.)
- Includes text and inset "A new map of Hudson's Bay and Labrador from the late surveys of those coasts."
- [London] : Publish'd by the Author ... and sold by And: Millar, opposite Katharine Street in the Strand, 1755.
- Third impression of 1st ed. In the imprint, Millar and Katharine are so spelled.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Approbation signed by John Pownall, Feb. 13, 1755, on behalf of the Lord's Commissioners for Trade and Plantations.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Some sheets have been pasted together to form 4 pieces. Imperfect: Old repair to the Louisiana/Carolina sheet; paper torn across the upperl left corner of the upper left sheet, with a tear in the upper right corner of the lower right sheet. Tracy W. McGregor Library. American History Collection.
- Other Forms
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Cited in
- LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 39
- McCorkle, B.B. New England, 755.31 note.
- Technical Details