- Item Actions
Chart of the West Indies and Spanish Dominions in North America
by A. Arrowsmith ; Jones, Smith & Co., sc. Beaufort Buildgs., Strand.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 122 x 192 cm.
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,775,525]
- (W 108⁰--W 61⁰/N 32⁰--N 5⁰)
- London : Published June 1st, 1803, by A. Arrowsmith, No. 24 Rathbone Place, 1803.
- Relief shown by hachures, depths shown by soundings.
- Prime meridian: Greenwich.
- Map shows West Indies, Florida, Central America, and northern part of South America.
- "Four sheets. Size (when joined), 75 x 47 1/2 inches." Cf. Tooley, R.V. The mapping of America, v. 2, p. 106.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: G4900 1803 .A77: Has been cut into 32 sections (30.5 x 24 cm. each), and mounted on linen. In slipcase, on shelf. Paul Mellon bequest, May 12, 2000.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Area Table 7 1803 Arrowsmith: Imperfect: several tears along fold lines. 4 sheets in 2. Tracy W. McGregor Collection, American History Collection.
- Technical details