- Item Actions
A Map of the United States of North America: Drawn From a Number of Critical Researches
by A. Arrowsmith, Geographer, No. 24 Rathbone Place
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col. ; 126 x 143 cm. (complete image)
- Additions to 1802
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,750,000]
- London : Published as the Act directs by A. Arrowsmith, No. 24 Rathbone Place, Jan. 1st 1796 [i.e. 1802]
- Relief shown with hauchures and pictorially.
- Before the addition of "Ohio" on the upper left sheet.
- The cartouche, which pictures Niagara Falls, is followed by descriptive text "Falls of Niagara." Text concerning boundaries that appeared in lower left corner of the 1796 map is no longer present.
- Scale of Geographical Miles.
- Library has 2 copies, both with some sheets pasted together to form 2 sheets. In one copy, the upper right verso of each double sheet is numbered 65 and 66. In the other copy, sheets are numbered 21-22.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Copy 1-2: Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Philllips, Maps, p. 874.
- Technical Details