- Item Actions
A Map of the United States of North America: Drawn From a Number of Critical Researches
by A. Arrowsmith, Geographer, No. 24 Rathbone Place
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand-col. ; sheets 65 x 76 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,750,000]
- London : Published as the Act directs by A. Arrowsmith, No. 24 Rathbone Place, Jan. 1st, 1796.
- Later state, with Rathbone Place address and with Tennessee, which was admitted to the Union in 1796, shown as a state.
- The cartouche, which pictures Niagara Falls, is followed by descriptive text "Falls of Niagara." Additional text, "Boundaries commissioned by Geo. Chalmers, Esq." is printed in the lower left corner.
- Prime meridian: Greenwich.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: 4 Sheets pasted together to form 2 sheets. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Stevens & Tree 79, 1796(b)
- Technical Details