- Item Actions
A Map of the United States of North America: Drawn From a Number of Critical Researches
by A. Arrowsmith, Hydrographer to H.R.H. the Prince of Wales, No. 10 Soho Square
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col. ; 123 x 141 cm., on sheets 66 x 84 cm.
- Additions to 1819
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:1,750,000]
- London : Published as the Act directs by A. Arrowsmith, No. 10 Soho Square, Jan 1st, 1796 [i.e. 1819]
- Relief shown pictorially and with hachures.
- Prime meridian: Greenwich.
- This variant does not have fold-out extensions, there is not a colored border between Alabama and Mississippi, and Arrowsmith is identified as Hydrographer to H.R.H. the Prince of Wales rather than as Hydrographer to His Majesty.
- The cartouche, which pictures Niagara Falls, is followed by descriptive text "Falls of Niagara."
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Imperfect: some general offsetting to all sheets. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Technical Details