- Item Actions
A New and Accurate Map of Virginia Wherein Most of the Counties Are Laid Down From Actual Surveys: With a Concise Account of the Number of Inhabitants, the Trade, Soil, and Produce of That Province
by John Henry
- Map; Online
- 1 map : hand col. ; 98 x 135 cm.
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:460,000].
- London, February 1770 Published according to Act of Parliament for the Author by Thos. Jefferys at the Corner of St. Martins Lane on the Strand, 1770.
- Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- Prime meridian: Williamsburg.
- Note at bottom of map: A Concise Account of the Number of Inhabitants, the Trade, Soil and Produce of Virginia...
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Imperfect: Diffusely browned; mounted on linen with chipped margins resulting in some loss of text. Library stamp lower right: US Geoglogical Service Washington DC July 14 1946. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- Stephenson and McKee, Virginia in Maps, Map II-22 (A-D), pp. 88-91.
- Technical Details