- Item Actions
A Map of the British and French Dominions in North America: With the Roads, Distances, Limits, and Extent of the Settlements
by Dr. Jno. Mitchell
- Map; Online
- 1 map on 8 sheets : hand col. ; 132 x 190 cm. (each sheet 68 x 48 cm.)
- Cartographic Info
- Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000]
- at Amsterdam : Printed for I. Covens and C. Mortier, [ca. 1755]
- First Dutch ed.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Covens and Mortier published two undated editions of this map between 1755 and 1761.
- Insets on lower right sheet: Plan de la Ville de Quebec -- Plan du Port et Ville de Louisbourg, dans L'Isle Royale -- Plan of the Town of Halifax in Nova Scotia.
- Inset on upper left sheet: A new map of Hudson's Bay and Labrador...
- Approbation statement on lower right sheet is signed by John Pownall, Secretary of the Lord's Commissioners for Trade and Plantations, and dated Feb. 13th, 1755.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Area Table 7 1755 Mitchell (b). Sheets have been pasted together to form 4 sheets, 68 x 96 cm. Tracy W. McGregor Library, American History Collection.
- Cited in
- McCorkle, B.B. New England, 755.31, note.
- Technical Details