- Item Actions
The seat of action, between the British and American forces; or, An authentic plan of the western part of Long Island, with the engagement of the 27th August 1776 between the King's forces and the Americans : containing also Staten Island, and the environs of Amboy and New York, with the course of Hudsons River, from Courtland, the great Magazine of the American Army, to Sandy Hook
from the Surveys of Major Holland.
- Online; Map
- 1 map : hand col. ; 44 x 39 cm.
- Variant title
- Authentic plan of the western part of Long Island, with the engagement of the 27th August 1776
- Mathematical info
- Scale [ca. 1:215,000]
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer and Jno. Bennett, Map and Sea Chartsellers, No. 53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs., 22d Octr. 1776.
- Has watermarks.
- Inset: Road from Amboy to Philadelphia
- Shows troop and naval positions.
- Cited in
- LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1146
- Nebenzahl, K., Printed Battle Plans of the American Revolution, 108
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS. Hand written annotation left lower margin regarding Thos. Kearny's Estate 7 miles from City Amboy. Gift of Seymour I. Schwartz, December, 2006.
- Technical details