- Item Actions
Pulling Down the Statue of George III by the "Sons of Freedom," at the Bowling Green, City of New York, July 1776
painted by Johannes A. Oertel ; published by John C. McRae
Broadway, New York ; engraved by John C. McRae ; Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1859 by John C. McRae, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the
- Visual Materials; Online
- 1 print : b&w ; image 52 x 77 cm. on sheet 65 x 89 cm.
- [New York? : Published by John C. Mcrae?, ca. 1876]
- Printed ca.1876 from John C. McRae's 1859 engraving according to the Old Print Shop description; publication statement may or may not belong with this printed version.
- Image shows a group of men pulling down the statue of George III with ropes as a crowd of men, women, and children watch, Bowling Green, New York City.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Gifts Fund, 2007/2008.
- Technical Details