- Item Actions
The Declaration Committee: Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia, John Adams, of Massachusetts, Benjamin Franklin, of Pennsylvania, Roger Sherman of Connecticut, Robert R. Livingston, of New York, Were Appointed June 11th, 1776 a Committee to Draw Up a Declaration .
Currier & Ives
- Visual Materials; Online
- 1 print : lithograph, col. ; 31 x 41 cm.
- [New York : Currier & Ives], c1876.
- "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1876 by Currier & Ives, in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- There is residual type evidence that additional information was originally printed at the bottom corners of the print.
- Group portrait, showing Jefferson (quill pen in hand), Sherman and Livingston seated at a table; Franklin (holding a draft of the document) and Adams are standing. A globe and 2 books, 1 opened, are on the floor near Jefferson's chair.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Deposit of Albert H. Small, July 14, 2003.
- Technical Details