- Item Actions
In Congress, July 4, 1776: A Declaration by the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress Assembled .
Signed by order and in behalf of the Congress, John Hancock, President. Attest. Charles Thomson, Secretary
- Book; Government Document; Broadside; Online
- 1 sheet ( p.) ; 38 x 24 cm.
- Uniform Title
- Declaration of Independence
- [New York? : s.n., 1776]
- The 6th broadside printing of the Declaration of Independence. Cf. Michael J. Walsh. Contemporary broadside eds. of the Declaration of Independence, in the Harvard Library Bulletin, 1949.
- Sometimes attributed to the New York printer, Samuel Loudon. Cf. Gathering history, the Marian S. Carson collection of Americana, 1999, p. 54.
- In two columns, 65 lines in the first.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Mounted on cardboard. Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Gift of Albert H. Small, December 28, 2000.
- Cited in
- Walsh, M.J. Contemporary broadside editions of the Declaration of Independence (Harvard Library Bulletin, Vol. 3, no. 1, Winter 1949), 6.
- Technical Details