- Item Actions
By His Excellency, the Hon. Thomas Gage, Esq. Governor, and Commander in Chief, in and over His Majesty's Province of Massachusetts-Bay, and Vice-Admiral of the same. A proclamation : Whereas the infatuated multitudes
Given at Boston, this twelfth day of June ... Annoque Domini, 1775. ; Tho's Gage. ; By His Excellency's Command, Tho's Flucker, Secr'y. ; God save the King.
- Online; Book; EBook; Broadside
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 50 x 40 cm.
- Variant title
- Whereas the infatuated multitudes ...
- [Boston? : Margaret Draper?, 1775]
- Text printed in one column, with a cut of the royal arms at top of sheet.
- Condemns the insurgency of 19 Apr. 1775 and subsequent armed attacks, grants amnesty except to Samuel Adams and John Hancock, and declares martial law in Massachusetts-Bay.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Gift of Albert H. Small, December 27 & 28, 2001. FRAMED.
- Technical details