- Item Actions
The manner in which the American Colonies declared themselves independant of the King of England, throughout the different provinces, on July 4, 1776
Hamilton delin. ; Noble sculp.
- Online; Visual Materials
- 1 print : engraving, b&w ; 39 x 23 cm.
- [London : Alexander Hogg, 1783?]
- City courtyard scene, with a man on a horse reading to people in the street, while others watch from open windows. A sign reading "America independant, 1776" is posted on the wall. Image within an elaborate border, with caption title below.
- Appeared in: The new, comprehensive and complete history of England / by Edward Barnard, Esq., assisted by ... Mr. Millar. London : Printed for the author, and pub. by Alexander Hogg, [1783?]
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Deposit of Albert H. Small, July 14, 2003.
- Technical details