- Item Actions
"The drafting of the Declaration of Independence"
- Online; Visual Materials
- 1 card ( p.) : col. ill. ; 14 x 9 cm.
- [Philadelphia : Dr. Jayne's Family Medicines, 1909?]
- A depiction of Ferris's painting on recto of card, with "Painting only copyrighted by Wolf(?) & Co. 1908" at lower left corner. The verso has text about the event, followed by advertisements for Dr. D. Jayne's Family medicines, which were "first offered to the public in 1830 and have retained the confidence that they inspired through all the 79 years that have followed." An enlarged copy of the card (15 x 20 inches) without advertisements, was available for 25 cents.
- Group portrait, showing Benjamin Franklin (reading a draft of the Declaration) and John Adams seated at a table. Jefferson, holding a quill pen and another sheet of paper, stands nearby. Books and crumpled papers are on the floor in front of the table.
- Local Notes
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: Albert H. Small Declaration of Independence Collection. Deposit of Albert H. Small, July 14, 2003.
- Technical details